Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tutu Cute

I have been neglecting reading books the past few weeks- but for good reason.

Either there is a baby boom going on, or I am at an age where many of the people I know are bringing babies into the world. It could be both. Either way it is an excuse for me to work on some of my favorite craft projects!

I was not able to take pictures of all the projects I completed before I shipped them out, but here are photos I was able to take of some of my favorite recent projects:


A colleague of mine requested that I make a tutu for her niece- one in purple for newborn and one in pink in size 3-6 months. She wanted them for her niece to wear for pictures. She gave me creative liberty on the shades and style, and this is the purple set that I put together. While making the purple tutu, I was inspired to also create the headband with the daisy because I thought it would be cute for photo shoots. I did not stop there- I decided to whip up matching Mary Janes.
 
Since I am all about cute baby things, I could not help myself and decided that the pink set had to match the purple set- but in the larger size. I shipped everything together with care instructions and a card with the message from my colleague that simply stated  (in colorful stickers of course) "I hope you dance." 

This set all started with the baby blanket. It is for one of my friends from college. When I found out she was expecting, I looked through my yarn stash and found colors that I thought would be perfect for her baby. I did not know if she was expecting a boy or a girl, so I decided to use the green shades and brown for something neutral. I still don't know if she is expecting a boy or a girl, but I went with my gut instinct (and this dream I had) that she would have a girl- so keeping my fingers crossed on this one. As it turns out when I went shopping for gifts from her registry recently the items matched the colors of the blanket!

Here is a section of the baby blanket from the previous photo showing all the shades of green I used. This blanket was my first attempt at the knitting technique known as entrelac. It took me a few tries, but I was determined to learn the technique so that I could get the cool weave effect and incorporate all the colors I picked out. This blanket took me several months to complete- but I am happy with how it turned out.

Finally- something for a mom! This is something I made for my friend from college who is expecting her first baby (goes with the green/brown baby set). This was inspired by those ceramic signs I see at stationary and boutique shops.  At the time that I first saw them, it was not in my budget to buy them. I went the cost effective route and decided to make my own version of those signs.



No comments:

Post a Comment